The "MINI" Metal Clay & Glass MicroKiln Kit
- Art Clay Silver (all forms)
- PMC (all forms except Gold)
- Metal Adventures (FS999 & EZ960)
- Art Clay Copper
The "Mini" Metal Clay & Glass MicroKiln Kit comes with the following:
- (2) Pre-cut Black & Clear COE 90 Glass
- (1) Package of COE 90 Dichroic Mosaic Chips
- (1) Package of Multi-Color COE 90 Mini Squares (for creating glass cabochons)
- (2) Pendant Bails
- (1) Pendant Cording
- "Mini" MicroKiln Metal Clay & Glass Tutorial (14 pages w/pics)
- Dichroic Mosaic Jewelry Pendant Tutorial (4 pages w/pics)
- Glossary of Tools, Supplies & Techniques
- Vendor Resource Sheet
- Recommended Books & Videos Sheets Resource Sheet
In addition to the above, FREE Email, Text, and Phone Support is provided.
IMPORTANT NOTICE & WARNING
THIS IS NOT A TOY!
- Art Clay Copper Designs
- Glass Clay Designs
- Freeze & Fuse Glass Designs
- Modeling Glass (still testing)
- Enameling on Metal Designs
- Ceramic & Porcelain Designs
- In Studio Pickup cost $75.00 plus local county tax.
- The "Mini" MicroKiln Kit will be shipped USPS Priority Mail for $15.25 plus $75.00.
International Customers Shipping & Payment Options:
- Submit your order via the Designs by Sylvanye Glass Teaching Studio's website and Click on International "Mini" MicroKiln Kit from the Pull-down Button for $75.00 and you will be charged International USPS Priority Mail Shipping for your location once you have approved.
CHECK THESE OUT!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Can Be Fired In The "Mini"?
- Metal Clay – those listed above including Silver Smith Metal Clay Powder.
- Glass - all types of glass
- Glass Clay– refer to the following websites:http://www.glass-fusing-made-easy.com/glass-clay.html https://tamarajewelry.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/art-glass-clay-firing-glass-in-the-microwave/
- Ceramics & Porcelain – can be fired green or after bisque firing and glazed including preparation for Raku firing of ceramics. Checkout this YouTube video,https://goo.gl/forms/wNfez113y8gUOQKp2
- Freeze & Fuse Glass– refer to the following website: http://www.glasscampus.com/classes/projects/Freeze%20and%20Fuse.pdf
- Enamel on Copper or Silver – can be fired in the MicroKiln using a metal or ceramic trivet.
- And more……..
What Is The Size Of The "Mini"?
What Equipment, Tools & Other Items Needed?
- Dedicated 900-Watt microwave oven - used to provide heat to the "Mini". A higher wattage is not recommended and any damage to the "Mini" or your design(s) is your fault.
- Fiber Shelf - 1/8" or thicker fiber paper used to protect bottom of kiln.
- Fiber Paper - 1/32" to keep glass from sticking to shelf.
- Metal Clay -checkout the list of tested metal clays above.
- Fusible Glass - various colors, types & textures. Tested compatible glass for fusing highly recommended)
- Glass Nippers - used to chip away at glass to form small pieces or to shape glass.
- Tweezers – long and short picking up tiny design pieces.
- Hair Spray – White Rain or Suave in the pump for adhering tiny glass pieces to base glass sheets.
- Toothpicks– used for moving tiny glass pieces in place before or after being sprayed with hair spray.
- Alcohol – 91% alcohol for cleaning glass pieces along with Paper Towels.
- Heat Resistant Sheet - stainless steel baking sheet or large ceramic tile - used to place MicroKiln on when removing from oven to finish cooling.
- Small Ceramic Post - kiln post or cracked piece of ceramic - used to prop MicroKiln hood open for cooling.
- Safety Gloves & Safety Glasses
- Recommended Equipment & Tools for use with the MicroKiln & Metal Clay:•Metal Clay – metal clay designs to be fired.
•Small water dish– water to quench metal clay.
•Crock Pot w/ Pickle– remove oxidation.
•Copper Tongs– removing metal clay designs from pickle solution.
•Paper Towels or cleaning cloth – for drying off designs
•Plenty sure I’ve missed somethings 😇
How Long To Fire Metal Clay, Glass & Both? Well That Depends On The Following:
- Microwave Oven – turntable & power level feature required.
- Oven Wattage – the wattage has a direct bearing on the firing times. This kiln requires a 900 Watt microwave oven to ensure successfully firings.
- Size & Thickness - Glass or Metal Clay Design - Some glass fire faster than others as well as the quantity of glass layers and the thickness of the clay.
- Size of MicroKiln - smaller the kiln the faster the firing time.
- Glass & Metal Clay Types – Fusible Art Glass, Float/Window Glass, Stained Glass, .999 Silver Clay, .960 Sterling Silver Clay or Art Clay Copper as described and instructions provided for in the "Mini" MicroKiln Tutorial.